New Beginnings With Gouache Painting




Recently, I decided to spend time learning a new skill which is gouache painting. To be honest, art was the subject I was worst at in school, and I always felt that I had no skills or talent for it. 


However, as I grew older and experienced more things, I realized that life is a journey full of new things and challenges.
To bravely start something new, we need to overcome our inner barriers and fears. Each step forward opens up opportunities for personal growth, learning, and experiences.

I love exploring and learning new things. When I look at beautiful paintings, I feel relaxed and hope that one day I can spend time creating my own paintings. So, this is the main reason I’ve decided to learn.

I chose gouache because it’s suitable for beginners like me.

To start this journey, I prepared some necessary tools.

First, ofcourse paper and paint.

For gouache, it’s best to use paper with a weight of around 300g to prevent wrinkling and see-through when applying water and color.

Regarding the paint, I researched online and found that many people use Himi gouache, which has 38 basic and additional colors suitable for beginners. I also got other essentials like brushes, pencils, and a palette.

I bought a set of 10 brushes, although beginners only need about three. My first lesson was mixing basic colors, which I then applied to paint a patch of land with grass.

I wasn’t confident and was afraid of making mistakes, so I tried painting on my iPad first. Then, I moved on to paper and found it wasn’t as difficult as I thought.

However, I’m still unsure about the differences in my brushwork and color mixing. Please watch and leave your comments!

Through this video, I hope you can see that despite the initial barriers and fears, bravely starting something new always brings wonderful opportunities for learning and personal growth.

Even if you feel you lack skills or talent in a certain area, don’t hesitate to try and explore.

Remember, the most important thing is to face challenges with courage, confidence, and not be afraid of making mistakes.

When you dare to start, you’ve already taken a big step towards achieving your goals and dreams.




Comments